For First Responders
Law Enforcement Procedures
- Help police officers refine their on-the-job expertise with the helpful information in these quick-reference guides.
- Fine tune critical documentation, investigative and response skills.
- Refresh your reporting strategies and interview techniques.
- Apply relevant examples and use valuable resources to strengthen response strategies.
- Support mental and emotional health in emergency and health care personnel so they can effectively perform their critical duties.
- Employ useful techniques for developing stress-control skills and resilience.
- Develop and practice coping strategies for dealing with and overcoming stressful situations and crises.
- Use the information in these guides to help others in states of emotional turmoil better deal with stress.
Protect your community from public health threatsWith the ongoing threats of common infectious diseases, it's important to keep citizens informed and prepared. Stop the spread of public health incidents by educating citizens on common disease threats, associated symptoms and prevention strategies.
MRC Emergency Preparedness
- Help Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) members get the valuable information they need to respond to a disaster or public health emergency.
- Understand the knowledge, skills and attitudes required by all MRC members and volunteers to effectively respond to emergencies.
- Use important tools – charts, websites, quick-reference lists – to aid in deployment, volunteer and recovery efforts.
Public Health Preparedness
- Lessen the risk of public health emergencies by planning ahead, taking preventive measures and stopping the spread.
- Get detailed information on critical public health threats and their associated symptoms.
- Follow basic guidelines for reporting potential problems, responding to outbreaks and minimizing risks.
- Use important checklists, charts, graphics and resources to support preparedness and prevention efforts.
First responders should always be ready for medical emergenciesMedical emergencies can happen at any time, so it's best for first responders to always be prepared. Enhance vital medical emergency preparedness programs with essential planning and response guidelines for first responders.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of various hazardous materials (hazmat) classifications and incidents so you can recognize and respond to threats.
- Refine your organization’s decision-making, action-planning and response management processes.
- Learn essential life-saving decontamination procedures for self, victims and responders, and know important post-event actions.
Hospital Emergency Preparedness
- Help hospital administrators, staff and safety managers develop and implement effective emergency preparedness plans.
- Get specific guidelines for dealing with and responding to small- or large-scale hospital emergency situations.
- Develop crucial emergency response actions, fine tune planning processes, organize the management of simultaneous events and conduct important self-assessments.
- Use valuable checklists, organizational charts, worksheets and resources to help with emergency preparedness efforts.
Radiological Event Preparedness
- Get a comprehensive overview of preventing and responding to radiological and nuclear events, including information on radiation basics and medical management.
- Develop crucial emergency response actions and organize post-event recovery efforts.
- Use valuable checklists, charts, resources and appendices to support preparedness and response efforts.
Make disaster preparedness a priorityNatural or man-made disasters can happen without warning. Empower citizens to prepare for and overcome any disaster with key disaster preparedness information and resources from our extensive suite of products.
- Learn how to prepare your entire family – parents, kids, family members with special needs, and pets alike – for natural and man-made disasters.
- Create an emergency plan so you and your family can stay safe when disaster strikes.
- Use valuable emergency supply checklists to ensure you’re packing disaster essentials for each family member.
- Consult useful websites and support networks that can assist with your and your family’s recovery.
- Be emergency-ready for any natural disaster that can strike your area – from hurricanes and floods to earthquakes and wildfires.
- Know how to create a plan, assemble an emergency supply kit, protect your home and stay informed of important emergency alerts and news.
- Develop and practice evacuation and shelter-in-place procedures so you can stay safe in the event of any natural disaster.
- Get valuable post-disaster information on dealing with the aftermath: cleaning up, filing insurance claims and emotional healing.
- Get the tools you need to effectively prepare for, plan for and respond to any natural or man-made disaster – from tornadoes and earthquakes to hazardous materials and terrorism.
- Use helpful checklists, tips and websites to help you navigate through the disaster preparedness process.
- Follow post-disaster guidelines to ensure a safe and healthy recovery.
Support corrections officers on the jobCorrections officers and other personnel have a difficult and often dangerous job to perform. Complement your facility’s various staff and inmate programs with our library of comprehensive Corrections guides.
For Corrections Professionals
- Take your pocket-sized guide on the job for quick and easy reference of relevant information.
- Have the knowledge and power to better execute your duties by implementing your guide as a workplace “cheat sheet.”
- Use valuable lists and resources to help maintain security and effectively perform your duties.
For Transitioning Inmates
- Help inmates get the skills and support they need to successfully transition from prison to the community.
- Offer education and job search resources, housing and homeless programs, and more.
- Provide inmates with useful resources on receiving financial assistance or seeking out mental health services.
- Understand crucial Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) standards with concise, user-friendly explanations and terms.
- Know how to detect, respond to and prevent sexual abuse and harassment in prisons, jails and juvenile facilities.
- Encourage correctional officers and any other employees, contractors and volunteers to understand their responsibilities.
- Search for and find important information quickly and easily with the use of efficient color-coded tabs.
For Emergency Managers
Help emergency managers prepare for any situationEmergency managers should always be ready to respond to any small- or large-scale situation. Help emergency managers prepare for the unexpected with the right tools to develop effective preparedness plans and procedures.
- Assist governmental agencies, businesses, first responders and emergency personnel to effectively plan and prepare for natural and man-made disasters.
- Minimize the effects of disasters or disruptive events by implementing standardized management tools.
- Get specific guidelines for dealing with and responding to small- or large-scale emergency situations.
- Use important checklists, organizational charts and resources to help organize disaster response efforts.
- Help communities, law enforcement and other first responders be prepared for any emergency situation – from active shooter events to water security and oil spill threats.
- Apply useful facts and tips to the preparedness process to be ready to respond to any emergency situation.
- Get basic guidelines on security planning, threat management, and response and recovery efforts.
- Use thorough checklists, charts and resources to help prevent terrorist events and environmental disasters.
- Be prepared and stay emergency-ready with this complete line of field operations guides.
- Aid volunteers, first responders and emergency personnel in their preparedness and response efforts.
- Get details on security planning, threat management, and response and recovery processes and procedures.
- Use important checklists, organizational charts, diagrams and resources to help organize and implement response efforts.
Keep transport systems and personnel safeThe transport industry can be a target for potential threats. But these threats can be minimized by implementing proper security measures, plans and procedures. Maintain the safety of all transport systems and personnel with the critical counterterrorism guidelines and protocols in our extensive Transport Security library.
- Support personnel in the transport industry – from drivers to logistics personnel – in the implementation of security measures to reduce the risk of terrorist-related threats.
- Recognize potential terrorism indicators, identify targets and follow appropriate protective measures.
- Use valuable charts, resources, inspection lists and Federal point-of-contact information for maintaining security and minimizing risks.
Our Accreditation Resource Partners
Along with our team of talented, knowledgeable writers and editors, we partner with various respected associations within different industries to write, review and validate our content. Once the content has been approved, we add their logo as a seal of approval – reassuring you that the information is correct and credible.
Create your own topic
Creating responsible and engaging content is our business. Our subject matter experts can help you put together your very own collection of guides and outreach strategies in one turnkey content solution tailored to your needs.Talk with an expert