As coronavirus spreads around the U.S., community leaders like you must educate your citizens on virus prevention. Just like with influenza, encouraging proper hygiene practices can help stop the spread of coronavirus in your own backyard.
According to the CDC, there are hundreds of patients under investigation for suspected coronavirus in the U.S.
QuickSeries® offers a variety of guides and outreach products that can help you spread the word on coronavirus prevention. In the meantime, inform the members of your community on how they should protect themselves and others from getting sick with the tips below.
Countering COVID-19 with Proper Hygiene
Your people must take everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread in your community. It seems too simple to be true, but proper handwashing – especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing – is a secret weapon to reducing exposure to a range of illnesses.
Share the following handwashing technique with your community:
Other everyday prevention tips your people need to know:
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue (not your hands), then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing measures to keep away from others.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Do not travel when you are sick.
People might be surprised to learn that a little goes a long way when it comes to preventing the spread of any respiratory illness, including coronavirus. Taking these simple steps can help your citizens stay healthy during the lifespan of this pandemic.
Contact Us Today!
Contact an Account Manager to learn more about how our guides and suite of outreach products can help you better engage your community in your virus prevention and response efforts.