Navy – Disability Evaluation System (DES)
Sailors and Marines who suffer career-ending illnesses or injuries must be processed through the Disability Evaluation System before being separated. This guide will help them understand the process and answer several FAQs about each step.
- Medical Evaluation Board (MEB)
- Physical Evaluation Board (PEB)
- Summary chart
- Disability rating and appeal
- What you need to know about the DES
- When is a service member Unfit to continue naval service?
- I’ve been seriously hurt. What happens next?
- How is the Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) structured?
- Informal PEB
- Formal PEB
- I am going before Formal PEB. What should I do?
- Can I appeal the decisions of the Formal PEB?
- How does the PEB decide the percentage of disability?
- How does the PEB decide who receives disability severance pay and who receives medical retirement?
- Difference between VASRD rating and PEB rating
- Preexisting condition issues
- The 8-year rule
- Process for members of Reserve Component (same)
- DVA evaluation system
- Summary chart of whole process
- Pages: 24
- Physical Size: Pocket Guide 24-00 3.75" x 5.5"
- Product Code: 01-0206-022-01
- ISBN: 978-1-933922-06-5
Interested in a sample or personalizing a product?
Using your branding and message, our subject matter experts can tailor any topic or format to fit your specific needs.Ask us for more details