NACCHO – MRC Volunteer Core Competencies
MRC volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds. This guide outlines the MRC Core Competency knowledge, skills and attitudes required by all MRC volunteers.
- Preparedness and response
- Support for community resilience
- Self-assessment and training resources
- MRC Volunteer Core Competencies (DMPH competencies)
- Personal and family preparedness
- Knowledge of one's expected role in response plans
- Situational awareness of actual/potential hazards
- Communicate effectively
- Knowledge of personal safety measures
- Knowledge of surge capacity assets
- Knowledge of principles and practices for the clinical management of all ages and populations
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices
- Knowledge of ethical principles
- Knowledge of legal principles
- Knowledge of short- and long-term considerations for recovery
- Pages: 76
- Physical Size: Pocket Guide 76-00 3.75" x 5.5"
- Product Code: 01-0948-000-01
- ISBN: 978-1-62350-612-4
Interested in a sample or personalizing a product?
Using your branding and message, our subject matter experts can tailor any topic or format to fit your specific needs.Ask us for more details