Childhood is a critical time for developing healthy habits. It is likely that if children are active they wil lead active lives as adults. This guide provides basic information to enable children to begin a safe, effective and enjoyable fitness program.
- Training terminology
- Resistance training
- Basic training principles
- Progress and motivation
- Healthy habits start early
- What is resistance training?
- Why should children resistance train?
- Benefits of youth resistance training
- Common questions
- When can children start resistance training?
- Will resistance training damage their bones?
- Is resistance training safe for children?
- How to use this guide
- Training words
- NSCA youth resistance training guidelines
- Training equipment
- Train safe – Train smart
- Know the P.R.O.S. (Progression, Regularity, Overload, Specificity)
- Stretching guidelines (9 illustrated exercises)
- Strength building exercises (12 illustrated exercises)
- For each exercise: ready position, action, safety note and variation
- Pages: 24
- Physical Size: Pocket Guide 24-00 3.75" x 5.5"
- Product Code: 01-0025-000-01
- ISBN: 978-1-932144-37-6
Interested in a sample or personalizing a product?
Using your branding and message, our subject matter experts can tailor any topic or format to fit your specific needs.Ask us for more details