- Pages: 2
- Physical Size: Wallet Card 8 PAN
- Product Code: 15-0048-000-01
Federal student loans can be a significant source of stress if repayment is a problem. Help set Service members and Veterans up for success by sharing these repayment programs and strategies.
- Student loan repayment plans
- Loan consolidation and rehabilitation
- Deferment and forbearance
- Armed Forces student loan benefits
Help Veterans reduce the number of questions they have about the Post 9/11 GI Bill. This guide ensures that Veterans are fully equipped to make an educated decision on which benefit is right for them and their families.
- Transferability to family members
- Eligibility and how to enroll
- Using your benefits
- Comparing GI Bill programs
Returning to school can be challenging. Ensure your Service members and Veterans are equipped with the strategies they need to thrive in college and achieve their educational goals.
- Study skills
- Transitioning from Service to college
- Time and stress management
- Education benefits and resources
This guide explains the the Blended Retirement System (BRS). As of January 1, 2018, all new Service members are automatically enrolled in the BRS, while existing Service members could opt in during 2018. The basics of the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) are also covered — it is an integral part of the BRS, and Service members not in the BRS can also participate in it.
- BRS and TSP basics
- Automatic and matching BRS contributions
- Choice of TSP tax treatments
- Choosing investments for your TSP
After losing a loved one, making decisions concerning the future of your family is difficult. Understand the type of education options and financial support available exclusively to survivors to help smooth the path to higher education.
- Federal, state and community education benefits
- Service-specific benefits
- College advice for surviving spouses
- Scholarship application checklists
The Army Family Advocacy Program (FAP) aims to prevent child abuse and intimate partner violence by offering programs to help stop abuse before it starts. Commanders can use this guide as a tool to prevent violence and abuse, ensure victim safety and promote community wellness.
- Commanders’ responsibilities
- FAP programs and services
- Reporting options
- Helpful resources
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is one of the fastest growing developmental disorders in the country. Arm parents with the ASD resources they need to help their children thrive.
- Signs & symptoms
- Causes & risk factors
- Diagnosis & treatment
- Helpful resources
Know how to co-sleep the right way. From room sharing tips to baby sleep rules, this guide offers the most up-to-date information on keeping your baby safe during sleep time.
- Room sharing vs. bed sharing
- Safe sleeping guidelines
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Tummy time
This guide offers brief descriptions and access to the wide range of benefits and services offered to Veterans and their family members.
- Health care
- Compensation and pension
- Employment, education and training
- Life insurance
Inform the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (JB MDL) community about the many resources available on base. Service members, DoD civilian employees and family members can benefit from these programs and services.
- Health promotion and resilience programs
- Sexual assault prevention and response
- Military and Family Support Center (MFSC)
- Mental health, substance abuse, suicide prevention
The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) provides support for survivors who have experienced suicide loss. This guide highlights areas that military families may be facing and struggling with.
- Understanding suicide
- Emotions after suicide
- Children and grief
- Grief complications