- Pages: 2
- Physical Size: Wallet Card 8 PAN
- Product Code: 15-0048-000-01
Federal student loans can be a significant source of stress if repayment is a problem. Help set Service members and Veterans up for success by sharing these repayment programs and strategies.
- Student loan repayment plans
- Loan consolidation and rehabilitation
- Deferment and forbearance
- Armed Forces student loan benefits
This guide explains the the Blended Retirement System (BRS). As of January 1, 2018, all new Service members are automatically enrolled in the BRS, while existing Service members could opt in during 2018. The basics of the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) are also covered — it is an integral part of the BRS, and Service members not in the BRS can also participate in it.
- BRS and TSP basics
- Automatic and matching BRS contributions
- Choice of TSP tax treatments
- Choosing investments for your TSP
This guide offers brief descriptions and access to the wide range of benefits and services offered to Veterans and their family members.
- Health care
- Compensation and pension
- Employment, education and training
- Life insurance
Inform the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (JB MDL) community about the many resources available on base. Service members, DoD civilian employees and family members can benefit from these programs and services.
- Health promotion and resilience programs
- Sexual assault prevention and response
- Military and Family Support Center (MFSC)
- Mental health, substance abuse, suicide prevention
Are you receiving the pay you’re entitled to? Get an overview of the military’s extensive system of pays and allowances in this comprehensive guide.
- Pay and allowances
- Helpful resources
Help military families understand the issues, procedures and challenges they face when a loved one is injured in service of their country. Your team can help ease their concerns by giving them important information and resources in a timely manner.
- VA benefits
If you are 62 or older, you may be considering a reverse mortgage. This guide can help you understand how reverse mortgages work, the types of reverse mortgages that are available and the costs they entail.
- Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM)
- Alternative Options
- Consumer Protections
Selling your home is a major life decision. While it can be exciting, the process can also be bewildering and take time. This guide provides information and resources to help you:
- Choose a real estate professional
- Understand the sale and closing process
- Understand foreclosure and spot rescue scams
This guide is meant to help survivors take a deep breath and think through their financial options amidst the chaos and confusion following the death of a Service member.
- Emotions and Money
- Managing Finances
- Creating a Budget
Social Security Benefits for Wounded Warriors provides basic information on the two main Social Security programs for disabled Service members and Veterans.
- Social Security Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Security Income
- Requirements for application
- Who is eligible
Ease your mind with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Learn how this Act relieves active-duty military members of certain civil obligations so that they can remain focused on their deployments.
- Rights and benefits
- Contract protection (mortgages, leases, etc.)
- Frequently asked questions